We are committed to being a safe space for all and we follow all established church guidelines and policies in relation to safeguarding
It is the responsibility of all members of the parish to give paramount importance to the nurture and care of children, young people and vulnerable adults in a safe and secure environment. It is about preventing harm to children and adults wherever possible.
We will develop a culture in our church that:
• Enables a safe and caring community to provide a loving environment where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of abuse.
• Enables and encourages concerns to be raised and responded to openly and consistently and protects children, young people and adults who may be vulnerable from actual or potential harm.
• Ensures all people feel welcomed, respected and safe from abuse.
• Values, listens to and respects children, young people and adults who may be vulnerable, encouraging them to be active contributors to the church community.
• Encourages adults who may be vulnerable to lead as independent a life as possible.
Our current Benefice Safeguarding Policy can be found by clicking on the link below: