It is the responsibility of all members of the parish to give paramount importance to the nurture and care of children, young people and vulnerable adults in a safe and secure environment. It is about preventing harm to children and adults wherever possible.
We will develop a culture in our church that:
• Enables a safe and caring community to provide a loving environment where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of abuse.
• Enables and encourages concerns to be raised and responded to openly and consistently and protects children, young people and adults who may be vulnerable from actual or potential harm.
• Ensures all people feel welcomed, respected and safe from abuse.
• Values, listens to and respects children, young people and adults who may be vulnerable, encouraging them to be active contributors to the church community.
• Encourages adults who may be vulnerable to lead as independent a life as possible.
Our current Benefice Safeguarding Policy can be found by clicking on the link below: